Party City - False and misleading return policy

22 of 304 Party City reviews

Learned a lesson that many others on here have apparently already learned - will never touch Party City again. I bought a $40 kid's Halloween costume online, wrong size. Seems like common knowlege in 2016 that any SIZED item bought online from an online store, anywhere, needs to be returnable through a reasonable process, otherwise, why the *** bother to operate online?

Party City's false and misleadingly "simple" return policy (which unfortunately, I believed when I made the purchase, thinking I could just return/exchange if it didn't fit) fails to mention that THEY have to control the shipping return process. Initiated my return weeks before Halloween as required, and the refund on my $40 item, after their BS DHL shipping charge?!? $4-effing-dollars back. Really, $36 to ship it back, hey? I can do it for $6 and get it back before the Halloween deadline.

You'd think someone in Party City middle management would have been told by now - guys, your e-commerce attempt...you're doing it wrong (and it's costing you customers).

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Return process

Reason of review:
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Halloween Costume
Review category
Shopping
review #938814

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Party City? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
22 of 304 Party City reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
LadyScot

Oct 31 #1234246 Naples, Florida, United States

Their return policy is pretty darn clear and up front on the website.
Customer Service
Returns
Request A Return
This self service tool allows you to instantly request and receive a Return Authorization Number 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Your Order Number: Your Billing Address ZIP Code: Submit Changes Here are common questions we get about returning products. Click on your question below and we will provide the answer. Can I return an Internet purchase to one of Party City's store locations? What is PartyCity.com's return policy? How do I return online with PartyCity.com? What is Party City's Halloween Return Policy? Can I return an Internet purchase to one of your store locations? For your convenience, you may return your online purchase to any of our Party City store locations. We will gladly accept returns and exchanges within 30 days of purchase with Shipping Receipt or Store Receipt. Returns with the Shipping Receipt: All products, including Online Only products, will be refunded the full purchase price. Returns without the Shipping Receipt: We are unable to process returns without the Shipping Receipt. If you have misplaced your original Shipping Receipt please click here to request a replacement. Merchandise credit is only redeemable at the issuing store. Online Only products can be returned online for the full purchase price. Please note: Online Only kits cannot be returned to a Party City store location. Shipping and Handling charges and Shipping
... Show more

1 0 Reply

Oct 18 #1228701 Denver, Colorado, United States

"thinking I could "
That's what you get for thinking rather reading the terms of service you agreed to.
Next time read what you agree to

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.