Party City - Laughable customer service at Halloween City

236 of 304 Party City reviews

I ordered a Halloween decal for my toilet seat through the online store. It arrived 8 days after ordering it in a box that was 18"x12"x6". The decal was larger than the box, so they stuffed it into the bottom of the box with the leftover decal crumpled and curling up the sides of the box. (If they had rolled the decal and put a rubberband around it, it would have arrived perfectly safe.) By the time it arrived it was mangled and unusable.

I called the customer service line and was put on hold for 38 minutes to the tune of this horrible irritating fast music. At about 30 minutes into being on hold, I decided to see what would happen if I called the order line. I used another line and called in, this time choosing the option to place a new order. The on hold music was soft and pleasing and they answered in 7 minutes.

I'm stunned by the disparity in how this company treats people who want to return something over those who are placing an order. What a load of ***.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
236 of 304 Party City reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 23, 2013 #732261

I don't see the problem.
You got a bad product and it was refunded.

I'm thinking you just wanted attention.

1 3 Reply

Oct 23, 2013 #732171

"In the end the order person was able to get me to a customer service rep and they did issue a refund for the damaged item. 1c5472 "
So why exactly are you posting on pissed consumer? if your "Problem" was corrected? :x

1 3 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Party City. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Party City.
Filing a new complaint about
×