Party City - Laughable customer service at Halloween City
I ordered a Halloween decal for my toilet seat through the online store. It arrived 8 days after ordering it in a box that was 18"x12"x6". The decal was larger than the box, so they stuffed it into the bottom of the box with the leftover decal crumpled and curling up the sides of the box. (If they had rolled the decal and put a rubberband around it, it would have arrived perfectly safe.) By the time it arrived it was mangled and unusable.
I called the customer service line and was put on hold for 38 minutes to the tune of this horrible irritating fast music. At about 30 minutes into being on hold, I decided to see what would happen if I called the order line. I used another line and called in, this time choosing the option to place a new order. The on hold music was soft and pleasing and they answered in 7 minutes.
I'm stunned by the disparity in how this company treats people who want to return something over those who are placing an order. What a load of ***.
In the end the order person was able to get me to a customer service rep and they did issue a refund for the damaged item.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Toilet Seat Decal
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "There are facebook groups popping up all over the country for local swap and sell. If you see Scentsy reps on yours selling bars and bricks at half cost, beware!..."
- "Ordered a Mother's Day bundle that came with shampoo and conditioner. Gave it to my mom who didn't open the box until a couple months later. Turns out the conditioner..."
- "On 10/3/14, I purchased a Sig Sauer P250 Sub-compact .40cal, item #93496. The order, as described, was for the gun with two 12 round magazines. I received an email confirming..."
- " Today 10/25/2016 we went into the Chili's in Arroyo Grande California and waited for 15 to 20 minutes to be seated we were never acknowledged or never approached. ..."
- "I have made the mistake of purchasing 2 leather sofa's in which the pillows tend to keep propping out and we keep sinking into the back of the sofa and..."
- "My son and family have a PMB box in this UPS store. For 3 years, my grandchildren NEVER get their cards I send to them. Gift cards, checks, once cash,..."